Sunday, February 25, 2007

Updates, addictions, and confessions

I didn't mention in my previous posts that our dishwasher finally arrived. It took a lot of shopping and screwing around to come to the stark realization that we are married to the Maytag brand, because they're the only ones who manufacture a slightly shorter model that fits into our friggin' slightly shorter counters.

You might ask: Why would a 5'10" woman move into a house with slightly shorter counters? Oh, the things we do for love . . .

Basically, Eric wanted to move to Calgary for a variety of reasons. It's where he grew up. So we moved here & took over his parents' house. They moved to a condo. Here is the post where I explain it all, and is the root of all this bitching and do-it-yourselfing: Going Art Deco

My stupid addiction that comes and goes: Freecell. Yup. What a dumb game. I first encountered it in the early 90's when they upgraded our computers at work. I read in the description that it is said that every single combination of cards is winnable, even though some of the combinations seem impossible. Well, I rose to the challenge.

You know how Freecell lets you pick which game you want? I began with game #1. Then I played every single game after that. I stopped for a year, started again, stopped for another couple of years, started again, each time starting approximately where I left off. I probably overlapped a few times and played some games more than once.

I'm up to 20397.

I'm still recovering from this whatever I've had for the past 3 days, and instead of spending time with my daughter, she's in front of a movie and I'm playing stupid Freecell.

I'm thinking that today I will make a Big Outing. I think I'll take her to the library.

No comments: