Monday, February 19, 2007

Designers are kidding, right?

The hottest look for Spring 07 is the "mini-dress." Clearly, folks are confused. These aren't dresses. Are these dresses? Tell me these are dresses. If you believe these are dresses, contact me as soon as possible - I have some tropical beachfront property in Saskatchewan you might be interested in. Heck, you can wear your mini-dress there.

Here's what Saks Fifth Avenue is offering:




































And here is what Nieman Marcus is offering:
























I have a newsflash for you designer fruitcakes out there. These aren't dresses. They're undergarments.


I just had a great idea - let's all of us women over 40 who are a little "overweight" actually wear these dresses. Let's wear them to work, let's wear them to church, let's wear them to the grocery store. The results will be so ridiculous and visually disturbing that rioters will storm the garment districts, demanding mumus for all.

1 comment:

Ernie Hendrix said...

Hmmmm. Do I want to wear my "mini dress" out in public and be laughed at because most bodies, including mine, just aren't that great, or do I want to wear the "hooker - street walker" look that is so popular with pre-teens, teenagers and women who conveniently forget their age and/or body type and be laughed at because most bodies, including mine, just aren't that great, or do I want want to wear "normal" and comfortable clothes that make me look normal? Not really such a hard choice.

Still loving your blog. And your home improvement achievements are so inspiring. Waiting to see pictures of your daughter's room.