Saturday, February 03, 2007

Nothing like out of town visitors to inspire a cleanup!

So on Tuesday of this week, we have a visitor from Windsor coming to stay with us for a night.

Our cleaning lady is still in Fiji, and I haven't been feeling well for a month, so as a consequence, our house is in shambles.

Today we did the Big Cleanup. We're not done yet, but by the end of day tomorrow, we should be.

One of the things we're doing is taking a bunch of stuff from our basement to storage, which is something I've wanted to happen for awhile. Our guest room is in the basement, so we need to clear it out a bit. It's a finished basement, so it's not too dungeony for guests. It would be great living space if we got rid of all the boxes and piles and junk.

The only downside is that I was hoping to work in Garielle's room this weekend. The only chances I have are on weekends. Next weekend, I'm going to a conference in Regina. So that extends our current living arrangements, with all our daughter's furniture in our bedroom, for two more weeks. Urgh! And of course, that defers all the other things I want to get at.

This week and next week are a wash - there's so much going on in the evenings that I can't hope to do anything in Garielle's room on a weeknight.

Looks like I can't move forward until after the middle of the month.

No comments: