Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Things that I'm pleased about right now

  1. Did I mention that I started going back to the gym? I'm on a light routine to get myself back into the swing of things. I lift weights for about a half hour, and then I walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes. It's not much, but it's getting me back into the groove. I'll torque it up in the new year. (Smart, 'eh? That's when everyone else comes back to the gym and we have to stand in line for the equipment.)
  2. We're in the midst of Hanukkah. So far I've been to two Christmas parties, two Hanukkah parties, and one "festive celebration." We're having a latke party at our house this Friday. I'm taking the day off work today to make latkes ahead of time.
  3. I really have a wonderful family. I believe I won the lottery of husbands, and my daughter - oh, well, I could devote an entire blog to my daughter. I'm surprised I haven't been doing that already. Maybe I still will.
  4. I have a second interview lined up for a position at my organization that I'm really interested in. It's not a promotion, and the position is sort of tangential to what my department does. But it looks very interesting.
  5. Because we're not going back to my side of the family in Ohio this Christmas, I haven't had to rush around to plan & pack, and I haven't bought any presents for anyone. Well, I got my sister & father each a little thing, and I'm going to get subscriptions to kids' mags for my nephews' children. But I've done very little in the way of shopping or wrapping. I haven't even seen the inside of a mall in December. I dig this being Jewish!
  6. I've decided to break down and get an mp3 player. I know I'm the last person on the planet to get one. Truly, I know this is not so. I pass many people on the street every day who are concerned about where their next meal is from. I'm very lucky that I can even entertain the thought of getting an mp3 player. And new speakers for my computer. And possibly a new printer, if I can't find that friggin' disk.

Well, I think the things I'm pleased about carry far more weight than the things I'm annoyed about.

No comments: