Monday, December 25, 2006

Painting, painting, painting

I spent most of the day painting my daughter's bedroom. To be specific, I did the trim work - you know, painting along the ceiling, along the baseboard, along the doors and window, taking off the electric plates, and so on.

I finally got ready for the "big" painting with the roller, and I can't find the roller brush, or the pan thingy. I can't run to the store and pick some up because it's Christmas Day.

I came downstairs to look for them, and ended up logging on to the computer, which led me to this blog entry.

The room is going to look much better when it's finished. After I get the walls painted, I need to rip out the ugly carpet, then paint the baseboards and the wood trim. They're already painted in glossy pink, and if I take the time to sand or strip, it will NEVER get done. So I'll paint them with a primer first, then a couple coats of the dark blue.

After that, I'll move her furniture back into her room and hang up the cool things I bought for the room, and it will be DONE!

And THEN I will feel justified in obsessing about the living room.

No comments: