Monday, December 04, 2006

Annoying shoe size

So why do most ladies' shoe stores stop at size 10? And for the few stores who do venture past size 10, why do they skip size 10.5 and go right to 11?

Sometimes I've bitched about not being able to find size 10.5 in stores. Invariably someone pipes up with "My (niece, daughter, neighbor, friend) has your problem - she wears size 11!"

Size 11 would be easier!

It's been suggested to me that I order shoes online. Well, why don't I get to try my shoes on in the store like everyone else?

And when I do find a rare source of size 10.5 shoes, I'm limited to very conservative styles.

Yes, I have big feet. But guess what? I'm a big gal. I'm tall. I'm not a freak of nature. There are lots of women with my shoe size. We're gorgeous and stylish and we have MONEY TO SPEND ON SHOES! Too bad manufacturers don't want it.

I've heard the argument that it doesn't make them money to sell that shoe size because the demand is so small.

They haven't done any market research lately. The demand for this size is on the rise. How else would Tallcrest stay in business?

We have money and we have pent up demand.

It's been suggested to me that if I'm so convinced there's a market, I should open a shoe store.

I don't want to open a shoe store. I just want to buy shoes! Specifically size 10.5, and NOT the sizes 11 that shoe salespeople try to talk me into - they flop around like god damned flippers!

There.

I have spoken.

No comments: