Sunday, November 19, 2006

And then there are real life concerns.

Well, not concerns, just the usual day-to-day bumps that remind us to get our heads out of the clouds.

My computer is acting up. It boots, and then immediately logs itself off. It doesn't even give me a chance to intervene during the boot process, so I can't get in to figure out what's going on. After numerous attempts to reboot and numerous attempts to flip it to DOS during the boot, I gave up. I took the computer to a repair shop nearby.

So I'm on Eric's computer. The thing is, my daughter likes to get on the computer sometimes too, and it's hard enough for 3 people to use 2 computers. Now we're down to one. Oh, life is so hard, what ever did we do to deserve this??? (I hope you can see my tongue protruding from my cheek here. I realize that we're damned lucky we're of the set that can afford a computer at all.)

And I'm trying to get some clothes washed, and Eric came by and said "I'm going to need to wash some clothes." "Me too!" I cheerfully responded. The thing is, we finally agreed to do our own laundry, because I was getting buried when I was trying to do it all myself. But at least when I did all the laundry, I got to ensure that my own clothes got done when I wanted them to! But now, it seems every time I get a window of opportunity to do laundry, Eric wants to do laundry too. Damn him. Who does he think he is that he has a right to clean and fresh clothing? (Again, tongue in cheek. We're lucky we're not of the set that washes their clothes in the local creek.)

Well, I guess I'd better go check the clothing in the dryer and see if they're done!

No comments: