Friday, March 16, 2007

Sewing, weight loss, and funny thing my daughter said

So I ordered some of those patterns from Ebay, and I also went to the fabric store & bought a few patterns.

Garielle asked me to make her a St. Patrick's Day shirt. I thought that might be a good project to start with, so I threw one together. I'll post a pic of it if I get a chance.

Tomorrow I'm going to the fabric store to start on one of the patterns I bought for myself.

In other news . . .

Several months ago, I bought a pair of jeans to wear to an after-work thing. Because I had lost some weight, I was able to wedge myself into this pair of straight-legged jeans that was a size smaller than my usual. The only way I could wear it was with a girdle that extended well above the waist, to prevent that ugly flesh spillover that we all find so attractive.

I'm happy to report that I'm wearing the jeans today, with no girdle. So, apparently, I've lost even more weight.

Garielle said the funniest thing in the car today. She asked me to name everything that should be recycled. I began naming things: aluminum cans, newspapers, bottles . . . then she jumped in and added batteries, plastic, cars . . . so I jumped in and began naming silly things, like hair, rainbows, and people.

She laughed and said "You don't recycle PEOPLE! When you're done with them, you throw them underground, in boxes!"

No comments: