Friday, March 09, 2007

If I can't be stylish, I can be way OUT of style!

So Eric & I are going to a big band dance this Saturday. I figured I probably should get something to wear. So the other night, I went to a few clothing stores. I came back with one top.

I'm telling you, the pickin's were SLIM. Everything is thin polyester, gauzy, clingy, and low cut. It's like someone went back to the 70's, got really drunk, and began designing shit intended for Wal-Mart.
I went to three stores, and could find nothing! I was hoping to find something suitable for work, but none of the stores had career wear in plus sizes. I said to a salewoman "Where's your career wear?" She said "Well, career wear really isn't IN this season."
I stomped into work the next day and bitched to a coworker. I've been bitching to her for quite some time about how I hate everything in my closet and how I really need those "What Not To Wear" people to come into my life.

This coworker tends to wear a lot of vintage clothing. She also sews. She mentioned that she likes to go on Ebay and bid on vintage sewing patterns.

Inspired, I went on Ebay and surfed vintage clothing patterns. So now I'm all obsessed with the idea of sewing some vintage clothing for myself.
Take a look at these. They're close to some of the things I see in the stores today, but with more of that groovy, 70s thing going.





Aren't these great???

No comments: