Tuesday, January 23, 2007

More living room ideas

It's really hard to find living room ideas that I like. It seems that a lot of what's being done these days is just chaos. It seems designers are sifting through the Sears catalogues of the 1970's, tossing what was groovy, and keeping what was tacky. And it seems to be a growing trend to pack rooms with as much crap as possible, OR to go virgin white.

Anyway, I found a few rooms that I like and that I might use for inspiration when the time comes.


I like this room a lot. We could use our existing living room furniture in this room. We already have the yellow chair, and the sofa needs reupholstered anyway.


I like this room too, except it's just a tiny bit bland. I do like its crispness, however.


Now here is an example of way too much stuff going on in a room. However, I do love the colors, especially the green wall.

1 comment:

Ernie Hendrix said...

The room with the red walls is really gorgeous to me. But then, it seems I like anything red. I'm hoping to get up the nerve to paint my living room red but my husband still isn't too sure about it. And since he does the manual labor, I guess I have to let him have a little say in the matter. But not much.

It's fun following your journey into becoming a handywoman. I'm proud for you. It's kinda' fun when you walk in to the hardware store and head straight for the power tools.