Monday, January 01, 2007

Could I be a Jane?

I love going to this website:

Be Jane

I've been peeking in from time to time, and yesterday, I bought the book:






















I've just begun to read it. This morning, Eric asked me how I like it, and I said that I love it, love it, love it!

So, here's the thing. Eric and I had the "serious talk" a few days ago about how we really need to be more economical in 2007. However, we have this house we're living in, and in addition to needing major beautification, we also have some practical repair jobs that need done. The dishwasher is still on the fritz. The roof is going to need repairing. We need a new furnace. The front and back doors are not acceptable, nor are they safe. Additionally, we need some serious yard word done. And, although this isn't about the house, our cars are getting up in years and we're going to have to replace them eventually.

I've been reading the blurbs from all the Janes who contributed, and so many of them got started in the do-it-yourselfer realm because they had no money to hire things done.

I wonder if I can be a Jane.

3 comments:

Heidi of Be Jane said...

Chandra,

You definitely can Be Jane! Start of with baby steps and you will be surprised how quickly you will be able to take on projects you never thought possible. What we've learned is that when you change your home, you really do change your life. So instead of focusing on a project that isn't working, focus on how you would like to live differently in that room. The projects will come out of that and create a completely different living space for you and your family!

Chandra said...

Hi Heidi! Do you have a blog here? I'd love to see it. Thanks for the encouragement!

Ernie Hendrix said...

Of course you can do it!! Go for it.